Vessels entering Canada from foreign waters must report to the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) before dropping anchor on Canadian soil.
Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) Phone: 1-888- 226-7277
Most commonly, boats will clear customs by using the dedicated phone on the Raymur Point CBSA Boat Dock. This 160’ (49m) dock is located between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Coast Harbourside Hotel marina. As you pass the float homes at the east end of Fisherman’s Wharf (Shoal Point), look for a single long dock with yellow capped pilings, marked “Customs”—that is the Raymur Point CBSA Boat Dock. There is a phone located on the float which will connect you with CBSA. Make sure to reference Raymur Point CBSA Boat Dock as your reporting site. Note only the boat master may leave the vessel until authorization is given by the CBSA.
Please be ready to provide:
- Name and registration # of the vessel
- Registration number of the vessel
- Name of operator (Master) of the vessel
- Names, nationalities and dates of birth of persons aboard
- Itemized list of stores and supplies acquired abroad, whether dutiable or not
If your vessel is over 160′ or 49m, contact our marina office directly (1 778 432 0477), a member of our team would be pleased to assist in making alternate arrangements to clear customs with CBSA.
Once you have cleared customs, please hail the Victoria International Marina on VHF 68 for pilotage assistance and details on moorage at our marina. Vessels are subject to re-inspection while in Canadian waters, usually by RCMP officers when their patrol boat reaches a marina.
OTHER METHODS OF TRANSPORTATION
The Victoria International Marina is located only minutes away from many local and international transportation options, including:
Commercial Jet – three major airports in close vicinity host numerous national and international air carriers.
Private Jet – options for hangarage or charter.
- Victoria Shell Aerocentre – located at the Victoria International Airport. (hangarage)
- VIH Execujet – based at the Victoria International Airport, conveniently located to serve Victoria, Vancouver and all of British Columbia, providing charter flights anywhere in the world, with no geographical limitations.
- DukeJets Canada – located in Vancouver, Canada, providing reliable boutique air charter brokerage.
- London Air – located at Vancouver International Airport, providing executive private jet and helicopter charters.
Private Helicoptor – to land at any helipad, just call or radio ahead according to the your CFS landing fees depend on location.
Seaplanes – the marina is just across the harbour from the seaplane terminal.
Ferry Service – the marina is located across the harbour from local and international ferries.
- Victoria Clipper – a high-speed, passenger-only ferry ride through Puget Sound, between Victoria’s Inner Harbour and Seattle, Washington.
- Black Ball Ferry Line – M.V. Coho is a vehicle and passenger ferry crossing the Strait of Juan de Fuca between Victoria’s Inner Harbour and the city of Port Angeles in Washington State.
- V2V Vacations – luxury cruise service linking downtown Vancouver and downtown Victoria in British Columbia.